The A Treatment Center
Offices in Pasadena, CA & Newport Beach / Corona Del Mar, CA
Find our more about the amazing Supplement for the Brain that is enhancing cognitive functioning, improving memory, recall, focus, mental alertness, overall brain health and boosts the body’s immune system.
Signum EHT Clinical Testing 051315 final1 2.pdf
Signum Biosciences has reviewed the research on coffee, B vitamins and other botanical ingredients. The overwhelming evidence available, which is also available to the public, confirm EHT®’s health benefits as well as the evidence surrounding the usefulness of the other ingredients to promote better brain health. We decided that with all the evidence available on efficacy & safety there was ample reason to introduce EHT® without human clinical testing. Our goal at Signum Biosciences was to create a safe dietary supplement that would assist individuals to be proactive towards their brain health. We understand the importance of having clinical studies but unfortunately the current state of cognitive clinical testing is woefully underdeveloped and results are debatable. It is for this reason that we are developing specific imaging techniques and cognitive tests that would be specific enough to show statistically significance as well as visual evidence to demonstrate EHT®’s benefits on brain health. EHT® is commercialized as a dietary supplement, it is not a drug and it does not treat, prevent, or diagnose any diseases. Due to this reality, claims based on the ability to demonstrate the efficacy of EHT® are greatly limited. A clinical study requires end points that you aim to assess and as such dietary supplements cannot be tested in diseased subjects. Our primary responsibility as scientists is to produce high quality, solid research that will be accepted by our peers and promote advances in our field. It is for this reason that we are developing a set of clinical protocols that will better reflect EHT®’s brain health benefits. Listed below are a few of the articles evaluated supporting the compelling evidence to launch EHT® .
1. Association of Coffee Drinking with Total and Cause-Specific Mortality http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1112010 Neal D. Freedman, Ph.D., Yikyung Park, Sc.D., Christian C. Abnet, Ph.D., Albert R. Hollenbeck, Ph.D., and Rashmi Sinha, Ph.D. N Engl J Med 2012; 366:1891-1904
2. Coffee and health: a review of recent human research. Higdon JV1, Frei B. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2006;46(2):101-23. PMID:16507475 Coffee and Health | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health van Dam, Dr. Rob. 'Coffee And Health | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School Of Public Health'. Hsph.harvard.edu. N.p., 2015. Web. 7 May 2015. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/coffee/
3. Coffee and Health | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health van Dam, Dr. Rob. 'Coffee And Health | The Nutrition Source | Harvard T.H. Chan School Of Public Health'. Hsph.harvard.edu. N.p., 2015. Web. 7 May 2015. http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/coffee/
4. Cognitive and clinical outcomes of homocysteine-lowering B-vitamin treatment in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial. De Jager CA, Oulhaj A, Jacoby R, Refsum H, Smith AD. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2012. 27(6):592-600 PMID: 21780182
5. Oral folic acid and vitamin B12 supplementation to prevent cognitive decline in community dwelling older adults with depressive symptoms – the Beyond Ageing Project: a randomized controlled trial. Walker JG, Batterham PJ, Mackinnon AJ, Jorm, AF, Hickie I, Fenech M, Kljakovic M, Crisp D, Christensen H. Am J Clin Nutr. 2012. Jan; 95(1):194- 203. PMID: 22170358
6. Homocysteine-lowering by B vitamins slows the rate of accelerated brain atrophy in mild cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trial. Smith AD, Smith SM, de Jager CA, Whitbread P, Johnston C, Agacinski G, Oulhaj A, Bradley KM, Jacoby R, Refsum H. PLoS One. 2010. 5(9):e12244. PMID: 20838622
7. Cholecalciferol (vitamin D 3) improves cognitive dysfunction and reduces inflammation in a rat fatty liver model of metabolic syndrome. Erbaş O1, Solmaz V2, Aksoy D3, Yavaşoğlu A4, Sağcan M5, Taşkıran D6. 2014 May 17;103(2):68-72. PMID:24727236
8. Vitamin D mitigates age-related cognitive decline through the modulation of pro-inflammatory state and decrease in amyloid burden. Briones TL1, Darwish H. 2012 Oct 25;9:244. PMID: 23098125
9. Plasma selenium over time and cognitive decline in the elderly. Akbaraly TN1, Hininger-Favier I, Carrière I, Arnaud J, Gourlet V, Roussel AM, Berr C. Epidemiology. 2007 Jan;18(1):52-8.
10. Prevalence of vitamin B12 deficiency among demented patients and cognitive recovery with cobalamin replacement. Abyad A1. J Nutr Health Aging. 2002;6(4):254-60. PMID:12486445
11. Enhanced phosphatase activity attenuates a-synucleinopathy in a mouse model. Lee KW, Chen W, Junn E, Im JY, Grosso H, Sonsalla PK, Feng X, Ray N, Fernandez JR, Chao Y, Masliah E, Voronkov M, Braithwaite SP, Stock JB, Mouradian MM. J Neurosci. 2011. 11:31(19):6963-71. PMID: 21562258
133 Wall Street, Princeton, NJ 08540 office 732.329.6344 fax 732.329.8344
THE SCIENCE BEHIND EHT: PRINCETON UNIVERSITY AND SIGNUM BIOSCIENCES • EHT is the result of 20 years of research performed by Dr. Jeffry Stock at Princeton University, where it was discovered using a proprietary phosphatase screening platform. • EHT was developed as a nutritional supplement to promote brain health. • EHT is the active component in coffee and ensures Tau activity is optimized, resulting in healthy communication between neurons and better brain health. • EHT comes from a decaffeinated coffee extract, so it only has trace amounts of caffeine (around three times less than a cup of decaf coffee). • The positive health effects of EHT have been published in several peer-reviewed neuroscience journals, including Neurobiology of Aging, Journal of Neuroscience and Neurotherapeutics. • EHT was developed in part through funding received by the National Institutes of Health. • Nerium International is the sole distributor of EHT. SIGNUM BIOSCIENCES • Biotech company spun out of Princeton University in 2003. • Dedicated to developing novel nutritional supplements and therapeutics to boost brain health and combat neurodegeneration. • Pioneers focused on brain health, performance and protection for athletes of all ages and abilities. BSCG CERTIFIED DRUG FREE® SUPPLEMENT EHT is a participant in the Banned Substance Control Group and is a BSCG Certified Drug Free Supplement. This certification offers unparalleled protection against drug contamination and quality concerns.
Michael J Fox foundation has granted $600,000 towards EHT research